The New Samsung Star
The Samsung Star is a sleek, stylish, compact quad-band GSM candybar cell phone that is so light that it will barely make its presence felt in your pocket. It comes with a full touch screen that allows you to tap and drag your way through its features. The phone has preloaded widgets for YouTube, Facebook, MySpace, Flickr and Picasa and allows you to download and install additional widgets – all this at a pretty reasonable price tag. Samsung Star is available to purchase as either the Samsung Star S5233 or the Samsung Star 3G S5603 model.
Main Features of the Samsung Star:
- GSM quad band capable of global roaming
- Dimensions: 104 x 53 x 11.9 mm / weight: 93.5 g
- 3 inch touch screen, WQVGA resolution (240 x 400 pixels)
- 3.2 megapixel fixed focus camera with smile detection and digital zoom. Pictures can be easily organised in a photo album, browsed and edited without a PC.
- Smart unlock
- Video playback (MPEG4, H.263, H.264), music player (MP3, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WAV, AMR, MIDI) and FM radio with RDS
- DNSe with a virtual 3D sound effect and equaliser
- 50MB built-in storage, expandable up to 8 GB with microSD card
- Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP, USB 2.0, WAP 2.0, HTML
- Office document viewer
- Li-Ion1000 mAh battery, with 8 hours of talk time and up to 800 hours of standby time
- Caller groups supported contact list with 2000 names capacity, picture ID and ring ID.
- Horizontal and vertical views with auto-rotation on moving the unit
The Samsung Star S5603 has some additional features:
- 3G enabled full internet browsing support
- Camera with power LED flash
- 80 MB built-in storage