The bidorbuy Shopping Experience
bidorbuy.co.za is Africa's largest online shopping website that brings buyers and sellers together in an online marketplace where sellers can sell virtually anything online and shoppers can bid for or buy almost anything in either an online auction or at a fixed price, in buy-now format.
Online shopping has become a preferred means of shopping for many experienced internet users. Despite the continuous threats to online shopping, buyers are becoming increasingly more confident that their online shopping or auction experience will be a secure one. And with increased uptake in South African broadband Internet usage as well as a more experienced online consumer, online shopping sites will see more consumers turning to the Internet for a number of commercial related transactions in addition to online banking. The more confident a user becomes with online banking and the more experience the consumer gains shopping online, the more comfortable they become in concluding other online transactions such as booking their travel experiences online or buying their cars on auction.
In the South African online shopping environment, bidorbuy acts as an online shopping mall in a consumer-to-consumer arena, letting online shopping space to vendors to display their goods to their potential online shoppers. Goods sold range from vacation packages and flight tickets to computers, home electronics, motor vehicles, books, music and sports equipment and sellers may sell new, refurbished or second hand goods. Online sellers can expose their products to potential online shoppers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
bidorbuy.co.za is guaranteed to offer the best bargains for sale or on auction online, on a wide range of items, while sellers have the opportunity to use these promotions as a marketing tool to attract new buyers to their bargain items, while at the same time seeing positive results on their final sale prices. Many shoppers thrive on adrenalin shopping by participating in our online auctions, while the more cautious online shopper can shop comfortably for the items that are for sale as a buy now option as opposed to being placed on auction.
Basic Online Shopping Guidelines
Online shopping is one of the most convenient and exciting ways to shop today. Follow this buyer’s guide to brilliant bargains and instantly revolutionise your outlook on shopping. By following these straightforward steps and sticking to the guidelines, great bargains are an effortless way to a successful shopping spree.
- The first step is to register on bidorbuy.co.za as a buyer. Once you have completed this process you will receive an activation e-mail in your mail box by which you will authenticate and activate your shopping account.
- Next is to find an item you wish to purchase. You may do so by either running a search, or alternatively you can browse for your items via the categories and sub-categories
- Like any other shopping expedition, once you have found the desired item you would like to purchase, check that the price that is currently listed is one that it competitive and one that you are prepared to pay.
- It is vital that you read the description of the item carefully and ensure that you are perfectly clear on what it is that you are buying or bidding on. Many users don’t realize that once a bid is placed on an item, this is a legal and binding action and should not be regarded as immaterial.
- Before placing a bid it is also crucial that you check the seller’s ratings. This will give you a better understanding of the seller’s credentials and the type of person you are dealing with.
- Another key facet to pay attention to before buying or placing a bid on the desired item is the seller's shipping specifications.
- If there are any details of the sale or auction that you are uncertain of, it is always advisable to make use of the Q & A section of the auction. Here you can ask the seller questions and get clarity on details that you are unsure of or have not been included in the items description.Now you are ready to place your bid or add the item to your shopping cart. If you are participating in an auction, you also have the option to input an automatic bid amount.
- Buyers are able to keep an eye on an a listing by selecting to track the item.
- Once you have won an auction you will receive an e-mail with all of the seller’s contact details as well as their payment requirements. You will be required to complete an order form where you will input your selected shipping details as well as payment method.Upon receiving this e-mail, the seller will also receive an e-mail with your contact details.
- Once your order has been confirmed it is up to you to make payment for the item and advise the seller accordingly.
Safe Online Shopping Guidelines
Security is still regarded as one of the largest barriers inhibiting online shopping whereby shoppers are reluctant to engage in Internet transactions through fear of being e-burgled or having their confidentially breached. While we recognise that there are evil perpetrators out there who are looking to take advantage of the naive online shopper, it is important to remember that most reputable websites where online transactions are concluded take a very proactive stance on e-security. Such websites stake their reputation on ensuring that they invest much time, hard work and serious capital into building a secure and safe platform in which their users can shop in confidence.
So before checking out your shopping cart or concluding your online purchase or auction, be congisant of these potential dangers and follow some basic safety guidelines to ensure that your experience is fun, comfortable, safe and secure.
- Follow the bidorbuy safe buying tips.
- Make sure the website that you are dealing with is reputable and has a positive reputation amongst its community. Check out the bidorbuy ratings before buying or bidding on an item.
- Never give any of your Internet passwords to anyone including the owners of the website in question. While your username may be visible to everyone, your password is not and it should always remain completely confidential.
- Beware of Phishing scam artists. Phishing is a type of e-mail scam designed to steal your personal data, such as credit card numbers, passwords, account data, or other information.
- Credit card theft is the highest type of fraud conducted over the internet. So make sure never to disclose your credit card details to anyone over the telephone, in e-mails or on sms. Furthermore, before concluding a purchase on any website where you disclose your credit card details, make sure that you are in a secure site.
- Find out of the sellers or online stores offer any form of warranties, guarantees or buyer protection services.
- The final and most important tip of all is, if at any stage you are not comfortable with any transaction, contact bidorbuy to discuss any concerns that you may have.
Sensible Payment Guidelines
Even the anxiety when processing payments online is diminishing and with so many options available, you no longer need to be proactive in finding alternative ways to feel secure when processing payments online. Each payment option has its pro’s and con’s and it is up to the savvy online shopper to weigh up these options and make a choice that best suits you at the time of purchase. To help you make your decision, here are some guidelines to consider:
Submitting credit card details online has a bad reputation from a security perspective but in truth, a credit card is an ideal method of paying for online purchases. The option to dispute any transaction processed on your card provides you with the ideal safety net. Should the seller fail to deliver purchases, buyers are able to request a reversal of the transaction following an investigation carried out by their bank. Security should not be a concern, provided the user knows what to look out for. A secure site uses encryption technology to scramble sensitive information which you submit. The only people who are able to unscramble this encryption is the user, by accessing their account with their unique password, username and/or other access codes required.
EFT or Cash Deposit
Again this is a common payment method when purchasing online and for a buyer you are secure in that you do not divulge any information to the respective seller. Cash deposits are also an option but the trip to the bank is a perfect contradiction to the very reason why we transact online. It is also wise to note that unlike other options mentioned, should the seller fail to deliver the purchased items, it is virtually impossible and an admin intensive exercise to get your money back.