Topless in Cape Town – Take a Topless Bus Tour Through the Mother City
Hop on-Hop off buses are probably the best way to get acquainted with a new city, more so if you opt to ride on the open top. This lets you taste the air, hear the sounds, and feel the pulse of the city. This smart option essentially gives you the advantages of both guided and free and easy tours – guidance, structure and support with flexibility. So when you’re in gorgeous Cape Town, why do it any other way?
Depending on how much time you have and what you want to cover, you may opt for either of the two tours on offer, or both if so inclined. Some of the stops are covered on both tours.
The Red City Tour: This tour has 17 featured stops including:
- The Table Mountain cableway which offers breathtaking views of Cape Town and Table Mountain, with cable cars that can rotate 360 degrees.
- The District Six Museum, which is just the place to learn the tale of the cultural struggle of this area.
- The Castle of Good Hope, the oldest building in South Africa.
- St George’s Castle with its gorgeous architecture; a significant part of local history.
The other stops are the Two Oceans Aquarium, Clock Tower, Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town Tourism Centre, South African Museum, Mount Nelson Hotel, SA Jewish Museum, Gold Museum, Jewel Africa, Camps Bay, President Hotel, Sea Point and Winchester Mansions.
Pick-ups are at 20 minute intervals.
Blue Mini Peninsula Tour: This scenic tour with 13 stops has pick-ups at 45- minute intervals. The featured stops include:
- Imizamo Yethu, a picturesque seaside suburb which is a showcase of authentic local culture.
- Kirstenbosch Gardens with its unparalleled display of South Africa’s flora.
- World of Birds - Africa’s largest bird park.
- The other stops on this tour are Two Oceans Aquarium, the Clock Tower, Cape Town International Convention Centre, Cape Town Tourism Centre, Mount Nelson Hotel, Mariner’s Wharf, Camps Bay, President Hotel, Sea Point and Winchester Mansions.
So, whether you are planning a first visit or a return trip to Cape Town, why not try this mode of touring this beautiful city?