OBDII Car Running Diagnostic Data Recorder
It doesn't get any easier than this! This is a simple and powerful car data recorder which only needs to be plugged into your car's OBDII slot, that's it! Drive and record a mountain of performance details about your car that you could previously only get from a mechanic.
This newly available product works with one simple step, you insert it into your cars OBDII slot (which is normally located beneath the dash board or below your car's steering wheel). After going for a quick drive around the block or after a normal weeks travels you simply unplug the card reader and connected to your computer via the USB slot to view all the recorded data with the included windows software application. The unit has enough internal memory to record up to 240 hours of vehicle data.
In the past you would have had to go to an expensive mechanic just to get a simple computer check-up for your car, but not anymore! The best part is, you do not need any special tools or automotive expertise to use this OBDII Car Running Diagnostic Data Recorder. After its installed, the unit does all the work for you. It continuously reads and stores data from your car's on-board computers, logging driving and engine performance, just like a "black box". When you want to see the results, simply pull it out and plug it into your computer, simple as that!
Note: Make sure your car is completely switched off, and the BLUE LED light has turned off before unplugging the car running data recorder
Please check with your favorite mechanic or car dealership if you are not sure whether your model vehicle is ODBII/EOBD Compliant
- Primary Function: OBDII Car Data Recorder
- Functions - Total Recording Hours: Up to 240 hours - recorded Trip Details: time/date, distance traveled, speed (1 or 5 second intervals) - Engine Log parameters: up to 4 of 23 - Graph and Summary reports: Yes, via the software provided - Acceleration Recorded: Yes - Break recorder: Yes - Automatic Accident Log: Yes, with last 20 seconds speed data before impact - Assign Trips: Yes, as business / commute / personal - Calculate Gas Mileage: Yes - Check Engine Light: Yes - Test for preliminary emissions status: Yes
- User-set thresholds: - Audible Alarms - Speed - acceleration - Braking - Post-drive reports/graphs show when, for how long, and number of times thresholds were exceeded
- - Software Included: Yes - Review / clear diagnostic codes - View summaries/detail reports and copy data to spreadsheets for further analysis
- Support Protocol: KWP2000, KWP5BPS, CAN, VPW, PWM, J1850, ISO9141-2, ISO14230, ISO15765
- Car Compatibility: 1996 Onwards OBDII
- U.S. - European - Japanese - Asian - German - Korean Models
- Specific Model Compatibility: - America: Ford, GM, Chrysler - Asian: Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Daihatsu, Lexus, Isuzu, Mazda, Nissan, Subaru, Hyundai, Daewoo, - European: BENZ, BMW, VW, Peugeot, Jaguar, Land Rover, Fiat, Audi, Citroen, ALFA ROMEO, Opel, Porsche, Saab, Renault, Skoda, Volvo, Smart, KIA
- Power Source: Vehicle or USB when plugged to a computer
- Operating Voltage: 9 - 15V
- Power Consumption: < 2W
- Operating Temp.: -20 to +50
- Memory: 8MB
- certification: FCC, CE
- Dimension: L:50 x W:29 x D:45
- Calculate gas mileage, Test for preliminary emissions status, Support all ODB II/EOBD Compliant Cars, Provides individual graphs and summary reports, Up to 240 hours of trip details (newest data records over oldest), Automatic accident log with last 20 seconds speed data before impact, Please check with your favorite mechanic or car dealership if you are not sure whether your model vehicle is ODBII/EOBD Compliant
- Car Reader, Mini USB to USB Cable, CD Diver and Software, User Manual - English
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can connect it to my car and still have the card reader connected to my laptop?
This is highly unadvisable as it could cause errors and provide false reading. It could also cause damage to your laptop.
- When is it safe to unplug the data recorder from my car?
First, make sure you switch of your vehicle, and wait for the BLUE LED light to turn off before unplugging the card reader while the BLUE led is still on will corrupt the data files recorded and provide false information.
Some products will be shipped from Asia if they are not in stock in our warehouse in SA. In this case delivery to you will take between 6 and 12 days. You will be informed of the stock/delivery situation when you have placed an order. Please note that the price you see here is the price you pay. WE pay the Import duties, VAT, Delivery cost to SA etc
FREE delivery in SA via the Post Office - Courier to door can also be arranged