Items in Cart:
This “once in a life-time” ticket will allow the purchaser (or his / her nominee) to participate in a simultaneous chess exhibition match against the 13th World Chess Champion Mr Garry Kasparov. The exhibition match will be played against a total of 30 participants and only SIX tickets are currently available by way of public auction.
Time and venue
The exhibition will be held at 11am on the 13th November at the SCI-BONO DISCOVERY CENTRE, Corner of Miriam Makeba and President Street, Newtown, Johannesburg (http://www.sci-bono.co.za).
About Garry Kasparov
Garry Kasparov is widely recognised as the strongest chess player in the history of the game and has gained world-wide acclaim as a writer and political activist. He became the youngest ever undisputed World Chess Champion in 1985 at the age of 22 and held the "Classical" World Chess Championship for a total of 15 years. He was also the highest ranked player in the world for a total of 21 years before officially retiring from professional chess in 2005.
About the exhibition
Mr Kasparov will be conducting this exhibition match as part of a four day visit to Gauteng as a guest of the Moves for Life chess programme. This visit is serving as preparation for the planned launch of the KASPAROV Chess Foundation Africa in 2012.
Participants in the match will include a number of high profile politicians, sports personalities and television and radio celebrities and a total of no more than 30 players will participate.
Terms and conditions
1. Only chess players with a national or international chess rating of less than 2000 may participate.
2. Individuals who do not have a formal chess rating may participate.
3. Participants are required to arrange their own transportation to the venue and are required to report to the organisers at the venue by no later than 10am on the morning of the 13th November.
4. All participants in the simultaneous exhibition will receive a certificate, signed by Garry Kasparov, after the match. There will also be photo opportunities for participants.
5. All successful bidders will be contacted by the organisers in order to confirm the name of the person that will participate on the day.
Use of funds
All funds raised through this exhibition will be used to fund the activities of the Kasparov Chess Foundation Africa and Moves for Life.
About the Kasparov Chess Foundation
The Kasparov Chess Foundation believes there is a need to make chess available to as many students as possible. As a result, the foundation has assembled a complete chess curriculum which encourages creativity, instills self-discipline and offers hope and a feeling of accomplishment to millions of children around the world. For more information visit www.kasparovchessfoundation.org
About Moves for Life
The Moves for Life programme consists of two legs namely MiniChess and MasterMoves. MiniChess is aimed at children in Grade R to Grade 3 whilst MasterMoves is aimed at children who are nine-years-old and older. For more information visit www.movesforlife.co.za