Steripen Filter Cartridge
SteriPEN® Replacement Cartridge (SP-RC) is designed for the Water Bottle Pre-Filter and FitsAll Filter. It filters out particulates using a 40X40 micron size nylon mesh filter.
SteriPEN purifies water using Ultraviolet (UV) light. Whether your source is a clear running brook or a hotel tap, SteriPEN destroys viruses, bacteria and protozoa including Giardia and Cryptosporidium in seconds.
Proven Technology in the Lab:
- UV light destroys the DNA of bacteria, viruses, and parasitic protozoa.
When used as directed, SteriPEN:
- Destroys Giardia and Cryptosporidium Kills 99.9999% of bacteria such as Salmonella and E. coli
- Eliminates over 99.99% of viruses such as hepatitis and poliovirus
- Meets U.S. E.P.A. Guide Standard and Protocol for Testing Microbiological Water Purifiers
These common microorganisms are destroyed by SteriPEN:
- Bacillus anthracis Corynebacterium diphtheriae
- Dysentary bacilli (diarrhea)
- Escherichia coli (diarrhea)
- Legionella pneumophilia
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Salmonella (food poisoning)
- Salmonella paratyphi (enteric fever)
- Salmonella typhosa (typhoid fever)
- Shigella dysentariae (dysentery)
- Shigella flexneri (dysentery)
- Staphylococcus epidermidis
- Streptococcus faecaelis
- Vibro commo (cholera)
- Bacteriophage (E. Coli)
- Hepatitis Influenza
- Poliovirus (poliomyelitis)
- Baker's yeast
Microbiological testing conducted by the following institutions:
- University of Arizona
- Tucson University of Maine
- Orono Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland
All prices are subject to change without notice. All prices are subject to exchange rate fluctuation.