The 28041 Digital Ranger 5x42 provides revolutionary digital night vision and exceptional daytime optical capabilities thanks its unique combination of high magnification and the best edge-to-edge resolution on the market. With 5X magnification and a generous 42-millimeter objective lens of fully multicoated high-quality optical glass, the 28041 Digital Ranger provides exceptional image quality day or night. Delivering generation 2 to 3 effective night vision capabilities in light conditions from 1/4 moon to total darkness--the 28041 Digital Ranger's two independent built-in IR illuminators ensure that the beam is undetectable to watchful eyes--at any range. And, unlike ordinary night vision, the 28041 Digital Ranger can operate during the day and night without damaging the device. Completed with a durable, compact body and unique innovations including a direct video output for video recording or remote viewing and battery or AC adaptable power, the 28041 Digital Ranger 5x42 is arguably the most versatile digital night vision system available. The 28041 Digital Ranger is backed by Yukon's Limited Lifetime Warranty and comes complete with a protective carrying case, a neck strap, and car and wall AC power adapters included.
- IR Illuminator: The 28041 Digital Ranger is equipped with two independent built-in IR illuminators. One of them functions continuously and is designed for observation under ideal night viewing conditions of a 1/4 moon. The other high-powered IR illuminator is intended for observation of distant objects under low light conditions, including total darkness. The IR power of the latter can be smoothly adjusted and the IR light intensity level can be stored.
- Optics: The 28041 Digital Ranger features a 42-millimeter objective lens made of high-quality, fully multicoated optical glass for improved frequency and contrast characteristics. Thanks to 5X magnification, the 28041 Digital Ranger offers extra long distance viewing, effective for over 300 yards.
- Brightness Adjustment Wheel: The 28041 Digital Ranger's image is shown on the Liquid Crystal Display (LCD). Manual adjustment of LCD brightness is operated with the adjustment wheel for exceptional quality in any light conditions.
- Video Recording and Power Supply: The 28041 Digital Ranger's direct built-in video recording output enables image transmission as well as video recording on peripheral equipment (monitor etc.) while carrying out stationary or mobile observations. The 28041 Digital Ranger is also equipped with a power output that allows it to operate on external power sources including car chargers and wall outlets. The device operates independently using AA batteries/accumulators.
- Rugged Rubber Armor (tm) construction
- Sensor type: CCD Digital NV
- CCD resolution: 510 x 492 pixels
- Magnification: 5X
- Lens diameter: 42 millimeters
- Field of view: 4 degrees
- Resolution (typical): 40 lines per millimeter
- Focus range: 5 yards to infinity
- Eye relief: 12 millimeters
- Diopter adjustment: +/- 4
- Detection distance (approximate): up to 300 yards
- IR wavelength: 940 nanometers
- IR power: 400 milliwatts
- IR illuminator effective distance: up to 200 yards
- Power supply: Six AA batteries
- Video output signal standard: EIA (NTSC compatible)
- Estimated battery life (without IR): up to 10 hours
- Operating temperature: -4 to 95 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dimensions: 6.7 x 4.6 x 3 inches
- Weight: 28.2 ounces without batteries / 22.9 ounces with batteries
- Tripod socket: 1/4 inch