John Woo Presents: Stranglehold
Acclaimed action director John Woo presents Stranglehold, a stunning third-person action adventure videogame. A "spiritual sequel" to Woo's action masterpiece, "Hard Boiled," Stranglehold redefines the action gaming experience with its acrobatic gunplay, thrilling cinematography, frenetic combat and incredible Massive Destructibility. Chow Yun-Fat reprises his signature role as Inspector Tequila, pitting gamers as a take no-prisoners cop waging a personal war with Hong Kong crime lords. Tequila's loyalties to the force are tested when his ex-wife is kidnapped by the Russian mob in Chicago. Tequila struggles to balance his duty to uphold the law with doing what it takes to save his family.
- Hyper-Stylised Action: Stranglehold allows gamers to play a John Woo directed action blockbuster movie. Dual-wielding, stunt-laden gunplay combined with massive destructible environments ensures that Stranglehold is a true tour-de-force. The environmental interactivity and two-fisted gunplay all come online, bringing the experience to a whole new level.
- Amazing Gunplay & Stunts: Gamers will experience smooth flowing gameplay, such as running up railings, swinging on chandeliers and leaping onto moving objects, all without interrupting intense gun battles.
- Blockbuster Hollywood Talent: Featuring the cinematic flare of acclaimed action director John Woo, Stranglehold also benefits from Woo's direction on storyline, camera placement and cutscenes. Starring international action-star Chow Yun-Fat as Inspector Tequila, the game's cast is also comprised of other A-list Hollywood talent.
- Ground-Breaking Technology: Massive D, the innovative physics engine, provides gamers with an unprecedented level of interactivity. With two huge areas to explore (Chicago and Hong Kong), the interactions are infinite with each level offering massive amounts of destructibility.
- Innovative Tequila Time Mechanics: Stranglehold's inventive combat camera and Tequila Time slow-motion system allow players to simultaneously aim and shoot at the current target while driving, providing for robust gunplay combat between vehicles.
- Unreal 3.0 & Havok: Using a highly modified version of the Unreal 3.0 engine integrated with the Havok physics system, Stranglehold breathes new life into game environments and characters with stunning graphics, and features an ever-changing battleground depending on how players approach different scenarios.