Galletto 1260 OBDII EOBD ECU Flashing Cable
By reading and writing data to your car's engine control units (ECU), you can achieve better initial acceleration, more responsiveness with relatively little throttle input in all gears, gains on power and torque throughout the entire rev range, and overall improvements in your vehicle's brake horsepower (BHP), torque, and power. Normal petrol engines can achieve up to 15% gains in BHP and up to 20% more torque on the entire rev range. Petrol turbo engines can achieve up to 30% more BHP, and diesel turbo engines can achieve up to 50% more BHP and 75% more torque.
Tuning your engine with this cable is the best way to give your vehicle the performance of a new car without the price tag of one. These improvements reduce the need to change down unnecessarily and allow you to overtake safely and quickly. Your car will be more powerful, more responsive, and more fuel efficient throughout the whole rev range. After just a short time of use, this cable will effectively pay for itself in the gas money you save. Plus, driving will be much more fun!
Using this cable and the included software is easy. There is no need to physically replace chips, connect extra wires, or adjust hardware. Just connect one end of the cable to your computer's USB port and the other end to your car's OBD port. You can now easily read and write data to your car's ECU with the user friendly software.
- Primary Function: Galletto 1260 ECU Flash Tool
- Compatible Car Brands: Audi, BMW, Chevrolet (Daewoo), Chrysler, Citroen, Ferrari, Fiat Alfa Lancia, Ford, GM Opel, Hyundai, Honda, Isuzu, Iveco, Kia, Man, Maserati, Mercedes, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Peugeot, Porsche, Renault, Rover, Saab, Seat, Sangyong, Smart, Suzuki, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo
- Compatibility: Vehicle must be OBDII compatible
- OBDII Plug: 16-pin (Male)
- USB: 2.0 and backward compatible
- Operating Software Compatibility: Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP
- Dimensions: L: 4 feet (122cm)
- Interface Cable
- 2x2 VAG adapter
- CD with software
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does this cable let me perform chip tuning?
Technically, "chip tuning" refers to physically replacing ECU ROM. With this cable, you do not have to physically replace or alter any hardware in your vehicle. Simply plug one end of this cable into your vehicle's OBD port and the other end into your computer. You can now perform ECU flashing on your computer.
- Can I flash all of my ECUs?
Some ECUs can not be flashed with this OBDII connector.
- Do I need to have my engine on to flash my ECUs?
No, you only need to have your ignition on.
- Once I've connected this cable to my car, how do I read data from my car's ECUs?
First turn the ignition on to position 2. Do not turn on the engine. Select the ECU you want to access from a list. Click the read button to access the original data. Save the file to your computer's hard drive for editing.
- How do I write data to my car's ECUs?
First turn the ignition on to position 2. Do not turn on the engine. Select the ECU File you want to access from a list. Click the write button and follow the instructions on screen. When you are finished, turn off the ignition and wait 10 seconds. That's it!
- I don't know anything about cars or ECUs or flashing. Can I use this cable?
Actually, using this cable and its software interface is so easy that if you can use a computer, you can definitely use it. However you should probably ask your friends or a mechanic for help before you start writing to your car's ECUs. But don't worry, if you make a backup of your car's data first, you will be restore your car's data if you make a mistake later.
Click on this to see the rest of my listings!