Items in Cart:
MT-16 Grain Moisture Tester
Used reliably by the U.S.D.A Federal Crop Insurance Field Offices for many years, the MT-16 provides the user with 16 grain scales and features automatic temperature compensation. Includes a sturdy carrying case with shoulder strap.
• Direct readout for 16 different grains
• Each scale can be adjusted to match local elevator
• Automatically averages up to 99 test results
• Higher-frequency, capacitive circuit improves accuracy
• Sturdy carrying case with shoulder strap
• 7”H x 2.5”W x 3”D, 1.35 lbs
• Operating Range (Moisture): 5% to 40% depending on grain tested
• Operating Range (Temperature): 32° to 113°F (0° to 45°C)
• Repeatability: ± 0.5% in normal moisture range for stored grain
• Accuracy: ± 0.5% in normal moisture range for stored grain
• Display Resolution: 0.1% moisture
• Battery: Two 9 volt batteries included
The MT-16 Moisture Tester is a multi-purpose instrument for use when harvesting, drying grain and managing grain storage.
The MT-16 has 16 scales for measuring the moisture content of whole grain kernels and seeds. It is a microprocessor-controlled instrument and provides a direct moisture read-out with no additional conversions necessary. The moisture range for corn is 5 to 40% and 5 to 35% for all others.
The MT-16 features:
• Measurement of 16 different grains, seeds and beans
• Automatic temperature compensation for variations of grain and tester temperatures
• Individually adjustable grain scales to match readings from an oven dryer or
local grain elevator
• Automatic averaging function for up to 99 moisture results
• Automatic power switch-off
The MT-16 is quick and simple to use: The moisture measurement in initiated with a single push-button action after switching the tester on. When adjustments are
desired, the display guides the user through the selections. On the right side of the tester there is a diagram summarizing the basic operation of the tester.
The calibrations for different grains and seeds have been made using samples of “standard” grain. If characteristics of the grain being measured differ considerably from the characteristics of the “standard” grain, erroneous results may occur. For instance:
A. Foreign Material: Excess amounts of foreign material cause errors. Remove
foreign material from the sample prior to loading into the measuring cylinder.
B. Test Weight: A 10% difference in test weight, when compared to normal test weight, can cause an error of up to 1% in the moisture reading. Low test weight
results in lower moisture readings and vice versa.
Please note that this item is not in stock. We will order it when we receive your order... Delivery may take up to 20 work days.