Apple TV MD199LL/A [NEWEST VERSION]
- 1080p HD programming, including iTunes movies and TV shows, Netflix, Vimeo, photos and more in HD
- Access your purchased movies, TV shows, and music with iTunes Match right from iCloud
- Stream video, games, and more from iOS devices using AirPlay; music, videos, and photos can also be streamed from PCs and Macs
- HDMI and digital optical audio output; connects to network via Wireless-N or Ethernet
- Comes with 7-button aluminum Apple remote; can be controlled by iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch via Remote app
The sleek Apple TV with 1080p HD gives you the best entertainment right on your widescreen TV. Choose from thousands of current and classic movies and TV shows on iTunes--many in amazing 1080p HD. Watch live sports in HD. Access content from Netflix, YouTube, Vimeo, and more. And with AirPlay, you can play video, show off photos, and enjoy music from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch on your TV.
The sleek Apple TV, now with 1080p HD output (view larger).
Get the latest movies and TV shows from iTunes, stream your favorites from Netflix, watch live baseball and basketball, and more .
Buy movies and TV shows on the Apple TV and watch them on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac or PC thanks to Apple's iCloud service. iCloud also stores photos and pushes them wirelessly to all your devices including your HD TV via Apple TV.
Using AirPlay, you can stream music, photos, and videos from your iOS device directly to your HDTV via the Apple TV.1 And iPhone 4S or iPad users can use AirPlay Mirroring to show the screen of their device right on their television--perfect for streaming web pages and even games.
The Apple TV also connects to your home computer (either Mac or Windows PC), and you'll be able to stream all your purchased music, TV shows, movies as well as podcasts and photo slideshows from your computer directly to your HDTV via the Apple TV.
Featuring ultra-fast Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (as well as a wired Ethernet connection) and an internal power supply, the Apple TV offers silent, cool, very low power operation in an enclosure that's less than four inches square. Control the Apple TV using the included seven-button aluminum Apple Remote, or use your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and the Remote app--a free download from the iTunes App Store.
Mirror games played on your iPhone 4S or iPad onto your HDTV with AirPlay.
- Buy or rent from the largest selection of HD movies--over 15,000 titles.
- Buy commercial-free HD TV shows--over 90,000 TV episodes.
- Stream from the huge Netflix catalog of movies and TV shows (subscription required).
- Browse and play YouTube and Vimeo videos, access online Flickr photos, watch HD podcasts, and listen to Internet radio.
- Wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your widescreen TV.1
- View the most recent photos taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud (requires iCloud-enabled device).
- Watch live and archived MLB, NBA, and NHL games in HD.2
- With an iTunes Match subscription you can listen to all of your favorite songs in your iCloud library from your HDTV.3
- Enjoy all the photos, music, and videos on your computer on the best TV and speakers in the house.
- Stream everything you watch over 802.11n Wi-Fi.
- Simple setup with a single HDMI cable for both audio and video (cable sold separately).
Stream photo slideshows and more to your
HDTV with AirPlay .
- Wi-Fi (802.11a, b, g, or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g, or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network
- iTunes Store account for buying or renting movies and buying TV shows
- Netflix account for streaming Netflix content
- For streaming media from a Mac or PC: iTunes 10.6 or later; iTunes Store account for Home Sharing
- MLB.TV subscription required to watch live and archived games
- NBA.com League Pass Broadband subscription required to watch live and archived games
- NHL GameCenter Live subscription required to watch live and archived games
- H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High or Main Profile level 4.0 or lower, Baseline profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through
- Compatible with high-definition TVs with HDMI and capable of 1080p or 720p at 60/50Hz, including popular models from these manufacturers: Hitachi, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, NEC, Panasonic, Philips, Pioneer, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio, Westinghouse
See larger image.
- Processor: Apple single-core A5 chip
- Ports: 1 HDMI; 1 optical audio; 1 Fast Ethernet; IR receiver; microUSB (for service and support)
- Dimensions: 3.9 x 3.9 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 0.6 pounds
- Power: Built-in 6-watt universal power supply
What's in the Box
Apple TV, aluminum Apple Remote, power cord, documentation