Items in Cart:
PLEASE READ NOTES BELOW LAST IMAGE BEFORE PLACING A BID / ORDER
Sheet silver (less than 1mm thick) badge with original silver wire-type lugs.
By 1941 the effect of many pupil-pilots was beginning to make itself felt on the aircraft of the Group, so No. 31 Aircraft Repair Unit was opened at Cranborne to deal with Harvards, whilst a little later No. 32 A.R.U. was started at Heany, the commanding officers being W / C. Bullen and W / C. McGrath respectively. The last airfield to begin operations in the Group opened up at Norton, in the wilds of the bundu—as the veldt is called in Rhodesia—and to this station came the Central Flying School, Southern Rhodesia, a unit which, under the name of No. 33 Flying Instructors' School, had formerly been based at Belvedere. The school—which, of course, had every type of machine used in the Group - was commanded by G /C. Craig.
POSTAGE OPTIONS within S.A. - Econo Parcel Post (under 1kg) R25, Parcel Post (over 1kg) - please wait for our confirmation e-mail before making payment, Speed Services (Counter to Counter ONLY) - R70 for 1st kilogram - thereafter, as with Parcel Post, please wait for our e-mail confirming postal costs. Insurance is optional - 2% per value on parcel post and 1% per value on speed services.
Thank you for taking a look at our items.