Horticultural vermiculite improves soil aeration and retains moisture and nutrients such as ammonium, potassium, calcium and magnesium. It provides fast maximum growth for roots, cuttings and seeds. The pH is generally neutral, but may vary depending on where it comes from. It is clean, sterile, non-toxic, light in weight, and will not deteriorate, turn mouldy or rot. Mixes easily with soil, peat, composted pine bark, fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides. Mix with peat or pine bark compost to promote faster root growth and anchorage, and to store food and moisture to be released as the plant requires them.
Vermiculite is excellent for the following uses:
- To root cuttings - Vermiculite will promote maximum root growth in less time.
- To mix with heavy or sandy soils - Vermiculite will aerate heavy soil and will allow sandy soil to hold more water.
- Seed germination - Use vermiculite alone or mixed with soil or peat. Very little watering is required. More seeds germinate - faster germination too! Because vermiculite is sterile, the threat of damping-off is virtually eliminated.
- Summer or winter mulch - Prevents drying out, insulates plants against cold.
- Floral arrangements - Flowers arranged in vermiculite will remain erect and fresh for days and there are no water spillage problems to worry about.
- Greener healthier lawns - Vermiculite acts as a constant reservoir of moisture, retards drying out and scorching
during dry spells.
Click Here to read more about the many uses for Vermiculite
On offer is a 5 liter bag of Horticultural Vermiculite.
Please take note that this item ships at R 40. Additional items ordered ship at R 5 per item.
The seed shipping price does not apply to Growing Products, however any seeds ordered with this item will ship free of charge.
Regrettably free shipping does not apply on this item and this item is only available to buyers within the borders of South Africa.