About Seeds for Africa
Seeds for Africa was founded in 2010. We identified a gap in a market that had become mundane with the same seed offerings. As passionate gardeners and a customer service focussed organisation, we wanted to freshen the market up by offering the consumer a large range of exciting, quality products, at the best prices with unequalled customer service. Our customer service doesn't just end at supplying your products. We offer extensive after sales service with growing guidance, and advice on request. It is our aim to simplify gardening, share our knowledge and share in our customers' joy of the miracle of growing from seed.
We bring you an exciting range of indigenous South African and exotic seed varieties that are not available at your local garden centre. We source seed globally from reputable suppliers that have been germination tested at above 80%. We source seeds that we don't stock upon request and all our products are also available in wholesale quantities. We offer a select range of small garden tools, growing aids and hydroponic/soil conditioners. We proudly stock the largest range of chilli pepper seeds in Africa. We ship globally with experience in shipping to over 100 countries. With 2500 seed varieties in stock at any time you are sure to find what you are looking for. If we don't have what you are after, we will source it for you.
Our Mission Statement:
To offer a massive, diverse online seed range at competitive prices.
To offer unequalled customer service excellence with 100% customer satisfaction.
Value Added Services
- Multiple FREE seed packs are shipped with EVERY order.
- FREE Gardening E-Book downloads with every order. Seeds for Africa are licensed to resell and distribute the e-books we offer.
- Growing guidance for each variety ordered and full order details will be emailed to you within 1 business day of ordering.
- ALL products offered are available in wholesale quantities on request. Please email us or ask us a question via Q and A for a quotation.
- Can't find what you are looking for? Ask us a question and if it exists, we will source it.
- We warrant our seed to be of the variety purchased and described. The success or failure of growing from seed depends upon a number of factors outside of our control. Correct soil, correct climate, weather conditions, adequate water, pest control, following growing guidance provided and adequate drainage is necessary for the germination of seeds.
- All non-seed products carry a 30 day warranty.
- Flat Shipping Rate. Combining of purchases is welcomed and encouraged. Buy an unlimited quantity of seed packs under a single shipping charge.
- South African Orders are shipped via SA Post office parcel mail with full track and trace. Parcels are bubble wrapped and boxed for total protection. Orders are typically received within 3 to 6 working days from mailing.
- International Parcels are mailed via SA Post Office International Registered Airmail. Seeds are packed in card before being placed in bubble wrap envelopes for mailing. Seed packs are clearly labelled with the scientific name as per most countries import regulations. Orders are typically received within 3 to 5 weeks of mailing.
- We ship daily Mondays to Thursdays (excluding public holidays). Paid orders received by 2p.m. Mondays to Wednesdays ship the following day. Paid orders received between 2p.m. Wednesday and 2p.m. Friday ship the next Monday. Paid orders received between 2p.m. Friday and 2p.m. Monday ship on Tuesdays.
- Free shipping is offered for Seeds orders of over R 400. Free shipping only applies to Seeds and not other products. This offer is only available for shipping to SA customers.
- Other product lines have different shipping rates as highlighted on each advert.
- We regret that growing aids, tools, books and soil amendments cannot be shipped outside of South Africas borders.
- Speed Services overnight courier is available. Rates for this service are available on request. Insurance on Speed Services orders is charged at 3% of product value.
- Insurance on orders of R800 or more is free of charge.
- Payments are due within 48 hours of Buy Now or Auction close. Whilst you are welcome to combine purchases for up to 30 days to save on shipping, we do request that your purchases are paid for within 48 hours of order / auction close even if you still want to add to those orders under a single shipping charge.
- If you are still planning to add to your order please notify us to hold it back from shipping until you have finished buying.
Other Important Information
- bidorbuy is not our only trading platform. If, on the rare occasion, we have a stock-out we will notify you immediately and that stock will be sent to you as soon as it is on hand at no further shipping cost.
- Please contact us before leaving NEGATIVE or NEUTRAL ratings. We are firm believers that ALL issues can be resolved with OPEN and HONEST communication.
- We are passionate gardeners and you are welcome to contact us should you require any advice or assistance.